Monday, August 9, 2010

More on Indian Wedding Customs

Ok, I'm not naming names, but the latest Hindu wedding escapade has to be addressed. I'm looking for answers here y'all.

I've got these cousins, my wife's that is, who recently met the American way and decided to get married the India way. We were all invited to meet the in-laws, then to their engagement party. The wedding has been planned and all that remained was -------------- pausing for effect ---------------- the proposal.

Yep, after the wedding was planned and the engagement party held, the happy couple flew to Paris for the proposal. I asked every damned hindu I know for an explanation. The best I could get was, "We do things backwards." Apparently she said, "Yes" or God forbid they'd lose the deposit on the hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment