Monday, September 20, 2010

No BMWs!

I must have slipped through the cracks. My wife's elderly grandmothers have decreed to the boys in the family at least that BMWs are out of the question. I overheard the younger single cousins discussing the issue recently at a party. "Wow!", I thought. I never knew anyone could hate a car so much. I imagined a thousand scenarios where a BMW would become off limits, an accident with one that killed someone, a truly hated friend or relative that worked or owned the company. Maybe there was a Bavarian on the hit list somewhere? I dunno. I asked my wife when we were alone. She told me the car was Ok. They just weren't allowed to marry Blacks, Muslims or Whites.
I must have slipped through the cracks. And I drive a Ford. Just in case. Ooo! It just dawned on me how so out of the question Barack Obama would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment